Useful FICO Tips
Here are some general ways to improve your credit scores:
- Pay your bills on time. Delinquent payments and collections can really hurt your score.
- Keep balances low on credit cards. High debt levels can hurt your score.
- Payoff debt rather than moving it between credit cards.
Themost effective way to improve your score in this area is to pay down your revolving credit.
- Apply for and open new credit accounts only when you need them.
- Check your credit report regularly for accuracy and contact the creditor and credit reporting agency to correct any errors.
- If you have missed payments, get current and stay current.
The longer you pay your bills on time, the better your score.